- Hair removal is an essential part of the grooming process.
- Stripping is important because like the Border Terrier, it is a non-shedding dog and the dead hair needs to be removed.
- A stripping knife or your fingers may be used. Hand-stripping allows the new coat to grow in, and is the proper method for grooming show dogs, Terriers and hard-coated breeds.
- A list of tools are curry combs, shedding blades, scissors and clippers and stripping combs and knives.
- Scissors and clippers are usually used on long-haired breeds and show dogs.
- Border Terriers generally get along well with other dogs and are often good with children.
- Borders do well in task-oriented activities and have a surprising ability to jump high and run fast given the size of their legs.
- They are quicker to learn jumps and see-saws than weaving poles.
- They are intelligent and eager to please.
- Their love of people and even temperament make them fine therapy dogs, especially for children and the elderly.
- Borders can adapt to different environments and situations well, and are able to deal with temporary change well.
- They will get along well with cats that they have been raised with, but may chase other cats and small animals such as mice, rabbits, squirrels, rats, and guinea pigs.
- Borders love to sit and watch what is going on.
- Walks with Borders will often involve them sitting and lying in the grass to observe the environment around them.
- They can be stubborn when they are tired and often require short breaks to sit and observe during long walks; it can be difficult to get them moving again.
- Border Terrier is a small, rough-coated breed of dog of the terrier group.
- Originally bred as fox and vermin hunters, Border Terriers share ancestry with Dandie Dinmont Terriers and Bedlington Terriers.
- Though the breed is much older, the Border Terrier was officially recognized by The Kennel Club in Great Britain in 1920, and by the American Kennel Club(AKC) in 1930.
- The Border Terrier originates in, and takes its name from the Scottish borders.
- Their original purpose was to bolt foxes which had gone to ground.
- They were also used to kill rodents, but they have been used to hunt otters and badgers too.
Need Of Dog Insurance
One thing all pet owners realize very early is that pets are high maintenance. The veterinarian bills can pile up rather fast, and, as they do not get dog insurance done, they either have to shell out enormous amounts for vet bills or have no other option than to euthanize their dogs.
Reason to purchase dog insurance
is that you will save a lot of money. Pets have a way of working themselves into your hearts and your lives. Once you have kept a pet, you want to do everything within your power to keep the pooch happy and safe.
Dog insurances actually work
out well in the long run. Your dog's needs are covered, like your dog's annual check up, vaccinations etc all will be covered in a good policy. Dog Insurance is a smart way of planning your dog expenses.
Reason To Have Dog Insurance
- Dogs keep getting infections from other animals, which most pet owners tend to neglect because they are not dangerous, just uncomfortable. These can get worse with the neglect. If you have dog insurance and know that your bills can be reimbursed, you would get them attended to without any delay.
- Moreover, when dogs start aging they need a lot of care and tending. Your dog may have a genetic disease, like his dame or sire may have had arthritis or some skin ailment that your pup does not show, but will show as the pup matures.
Dog Insurance Types
- Dog insurances are of many types and they depend on variables like the state you live in, the age of your dog.
- Most dog insurance companies do not insure puppies below eight weeks of age and dogs that are more than eight years old.
- If you have a dog older than eight years you could try with some companies that allow insurance of senior dogs, but these are expensive.
- Some policies are only applicable in certain states so check this out.
- Dog insurance depends also on the breed of your dog, if the company thinks your dog is high maintenance and prone to diseases, it will not insure your dog.
Labels: Famous Dogs
Country of origin Canada (origin)United Kingdom (development)
Weight Male 27–60 kg (60–130 lb)
Female 25–42 kg (55–93 lb)
Height Male 56–63 cm (22–25 in)
Female 54–60 cm (21–24 in)
Coat Smooth, short, dense and straight
Color Black, chocolate, or yellow (pale cream to red)
Litter size 5–10 puppies (avg: 7.6)
Life span 10–13 years
|A Blenheim-coloured Cavalier King Charles Spaniel|
Nicknames Cav, Cavalier, Cavie
Country of origin United Kingdom
Weight Male 13–18 lb (5.9–8.2 kg)
Female 13–18 lb (5.9–8.2 kg)
Height Male 12–13 inches (30–33 cm)
Female 12–13 inches (30–33 cm)
Life span Average 9 to 14 years
Other names German Boxer
Country of origin Germany
Weight Male 66–70 lb (30–32 kg)
Female 55–60 lb (25–27 kg)
Height Male 22-25 ins. (57-63 cms.)
Female 21-23 ins. (53-59 cms.)
Coat short, shiny, smooth, close-lying
Color fawn or brindle, black mask, with or without white markings
Litter size average 6-8
Life span average 10 years
- Start Boxer dog training upon reaching the age of 13-16 weeks.
- The boxer is very aggressive as well as playful and will become your dependable pet.
- A Boxer dog may be trained to create him a pleasant guard dog.
- Boxer dog seems to be energetic, he is more spirited in comparison to other dogs.
- Because of his intellect, a Boxer may not obey you when requesting him to perform a particular thing. The best suggestion under these situations is to keep composure.
- Serious Boxer training may begin when reaching the age of 3-16 weeks. You have to discard his superior characteristics if he has that.
- You must position your foot down to nip this attitude in the beginning and let him listen to you as well as comply with you.
- The Boxer should understand that negative behavior would never be allowed.
- The best time to put the leash on the dog is when it is calm and composed. So the dog should be taught to sit calmly while the leash is slipped on, and follow behind as the owner steps outside first, fully in control.
- Crate training – there is a place for using this type of training. A crate can make help in housebreaking a puppy, reducing barking issues or resolve anxiety problems.
- This shower is even better than full-sized people shower.
- It has 16 water-jet nozzles and a shower head that is capable of rinsing off all of the dirt and shampoo.
- The jet nozzles produce streams of water strong enough to remove dead skin cells.
- The shower head can be used as a handheld and has a hose 38 inches long.
- There are 2 leashes built into it to make sure your pet stays steady.
- purchase it for $1250 through Hammacher.
A dog GPS transmitter is a dog collar with a a GPS system that will show you exactly where your dog is at a given time. Your dog will never get lost or ever go missing again. The Garmin GPS transmitter requires a Garmin Astro 220 receiver so the whole kit can get pretty expensive but this is by far the best one of its kind I have seen to date.