Below are some training tips you might find useful in training your Cavalier King Charles Spaniel
- Set up a small room to be his very own sanctuary.
- Provide warm and comfortable dog bed and warm water bottle.
- Puppy-proofing the house is highly recommended. This aims to keep these curious little creatures safe from poisons and other possible dangers at home.
- Positive reinforcement includes giving of special food treats, the chance to play with his favorite toys, social interaction with other dogs and the owner's time, attention and praise.
- The use of positive reinforcement aims to increase the chance of the behavior being exhibited again.
Avoid physical punishment
- Physical punishments are risky and almost never necessary.
- Rubbing your dog's nose in his dirt, yelling at a barking dog or jerking the leash when the dog pulls are not the best ways to correct a dog's behavior.
Keep training sessions short
- Remember that dogs, especially puppies have short attention span.
- They get bored easily that is why training sessions must be kept short, say fifteen minutes or so on a single command.
Keep a routine
- You need to be consistent in your puppy's daily routine in order to make him a fine-mannered that is pleasant to be around.
- Daily feeding, grooming, potty and playing activities must be on regular basis.