Grooming is essential to a healthy cavalier King Charles Spaniel.In order to make grooming easy at the same time fun for you and your dog, here as some tips you might want to consider.
- You will be needing different tools to clean the eyes, ears, brush teeth, bathe, dry, trim nails as well as hair.
- Before bathing your dog, you need to brush and comb away mats and dead hairs as this become tight and unmanageable when wet.
- Dogs with long coat, such that of a Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, require daily brushing to make sure that the coat does not get matted and that foreign objects such as grass and sticks do not become entangled.
- Avoid wetting your pet's ears, eyes and mouth. Clean your dog's ears regularly to prevent excessive buildup of earwax. Some dogs, such as the cavaliers have excessive hairs growing on the ear canal.
- Begin shampooing at the neck and move downward. Pay careful attention around the nose, mouth, ears and eyes.
- As soon as bathing is over, dry your dog as best as you can. If you need to blow dry your dog, choose a good quality dryer to eliminate or minimize the risk of burning your pet.